Secure a £3,500 Rural Gigabit voucher
DCMS announced a £200m Rural Gigabit Connectivity (RGC) programme.
Giganet are registered suppliers to the DCMS Rural Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme whose aim is to equip SME businesses and residents in the hardest-to-reach rural areas of the UK with gigabit-capable, pure-fibre connectivity.
The key difference with the Rural Gigabit Voucher Scheme and the now-closed Gigabit Voucher Scheme, is:
- More money available per connection (£1,500 for homes & £3,500 for SME businesses)
- Fewer restrictions for homes to qualify (you no longer need a 10:1 ratio of home:business)
- You do need to be part of a scheme (minimum of two connections & customers), and no single connections are possible.
- You qualify if you can only get 30Mb/s or lower on your current connection and are located in a 'rural area'.
- The new Gigabit-capable connection can start with only 30Mb/s, but must be capable of being upgraded to 1Gb/s.
At this time, Giganet are only offering business services with the Rural Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme*.
Use the promo code gigvoucher on our availability tool to see our voucher-specific pricing if eligible services are in your area.
Giganet have a fantastic track record securing broadband connection grants. With the DCMS Better Broadband Scheme and Super-connected Cities Voucher scheme, we have helped secure over 700 vouchers for customers in the past 5 years.
The DCMS Rural Gigabit Voucher offer will provide:
- Businesses: £3,500 ex VAT grant towards the set up costs of a scheme to bring gigabit capable Internet to you.
- Residents*: £1,500 ex VAT grant towards the set up costs of a scheme to bring gigabit capable Internet to you.
*Although the DCMS Gigabit Broadband voucher scheme is open to both businesses and residential customers, Giganet at this time are only providing services to businesses. This is due to a requirement of residential connections needing to be part of a wider scheme, and Giganet is not currently planning any such schemes. If you are a sole trader or small business, then you may qualify under a business account, but please make sure you're aware of the full eligibility requirements.