Why resilience is important
Connectivity is the life blood of many organisations, and too often resiliency, RO2 and having a second diverse connection is not considered; mostly on the basis of cost and an acceptance of the risks.
However, what would the impact be to your organisation if the primary and only circuit failed?
- Would this mean sending home 100s of your staff?
- Would this mean your phone lines stop running?
- Would this mean losing access to all your cloud business applications?
- Would this cost you lost sales and customers?
- Would this leave your brand reputation at risk?
- How long could you cope without connectivity?
As connectivity is becoming ever more critical to organisations, and as no one can realistically guarantee something to be 100% fault free, resiliency is an absolute priority for most organisations.
Be aware of other carriers promising 100% or 99.99+% uptime on single connections; even if they are leased lines. This is pure marketing smoke and mirrors.
Giganet's 100% SLA for RO2 solutions
At Giganet, we're realistic in that the only way we can offer a 100% SLA is with an RO2 resilient design, and we'll explain what that means here.