The Government’s £2,500 Gigabit Voucher Scheme is quickly running out. The latest update from Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS) indicates that only around 23% of fund remains. The voucher contributes up to £2,500 towards the cost of installing a full-fibre broadband connection at your business premises.
In September, DCMS announced that out of the £67.8m fund, a total of £46.6m worth of Gigabit Voucher Schemes where either paid or allocated. 11,500 connections worth £26.6m have been installed and 10,000 connections representing £26.6m were reserved.
As of October 2019
- Over 14,700 premises supported by vouchers with a value of just under £33.8m – an increase of £3.7m on September.
- Almost 10,000 vouchers with a value of around £18m are pending connection.
- This commits around £52m of the available LFFN £67.8m fund.
- Equalling around 23% remaining of the fund.
Secure your Gigabit Broadband Voucher today
If you’re thinking about upgrading your business connectivity to full fibre, now is the perfect time. We can apply for the voucher on your behalf and it’s valid for up to 12 months.
Please see our Gigabit Voucher page for more information, eligibility and to register interest.
September 2019 update
Figures from early September 2019 for comparison:
- 11,500 connections installed representing £26.6m of funding.
- 10,000 connections to be installed representing £20m of funding reserved.
- A balance of £20.4m remaining from the fund.
- Equalling around 31% remaining of the fund.
Gigabit Connection Voucher Map
This map shows where Gigabit Broadband (including the rural gigabit connection) vouchers have been installed or requested.